The PADI Emergency First Responder course is an internationally recognized 1st aid course. Build your confidence and learn how to actively respond to emergencies – both in and out of the water. Participants will learn simple steps for emergency care and how to follow them. This course will give you the skills to provide every possible chance of surviving an incident before the emergency services arrive. It is a life skill that everyone should possess.
Takes just 4 hours
Who should do this course?
- Everyone! (No minimum age)
- Non-Divers and divers alike
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to care for others.
What does it involve?
Self-study using PADI eLearning in your own time before you start! This prepares you for your classroom learning session, in a non-stressful learning environment. You will learn both primary and secondary care for those in need.
- Primary Care (CPR) – You will learn the steps and techniques to handle life-threatening emergencies:
- Non-Breathing patients
- No heartbeat.
- Suspected spinal injuries.
- Serious bleeding
- Continuous monitoring
- Provide Emergency Oxygen
- Secondary Care (1st Aid) – Medical conditions may not be life threatening. The secondary care portion of this course will teach you simple 1st aid techniques, allowing you to ease pain and suffering while reducing the risk of further harm. You will learn to assess any situation that involves injuries and illnesses, responding to them correctly. You will also learn and practice bandaging and splinting.
What can I do once certified?
- Be ready to respond to potential emergencies on all your diving and non-diving adventures.
- Take the PADI Rescue Diver Course