Google Maps don’t work underwater! No worries. We have you covered. The PADI Underwater Speciality course will fine tune your observation and directional skills on all future scuba dives, making you the diver who others want to follow. If you love to be challenged then this is the course for you.
Who should do this course?
- 10 Years old and over
- Those who already possess the PADI Open Water Diver Certification
- Must be able to swim
- Good Medical Health (see medical statement)
What does it involve?
PADI eLearning will allow you to cover all the theory in your own time, allowing your PADI instructor to help you practice your navigation skills first on land and then underwater on 3 open water dives.
These skills include:
- How to estimate distance underwater.
- Additional compass skills allowing you to make multiple turns underwater.
- How to mark and relocate an underwater location/object while on the surface.
- How to make an underwater map
What can I do once certified?
- Navigate known dive sites with ease.
- Investigate new dive sites for easy navigation in the future.
- Have confidence that you won’t get lost. EVER.