The Kyrenia Wreck
The Kyrenia Wreck was sunk in March 2015 as part of the ongoing artificial reef project undertaken by the Cyprus Government. This ex-motorised patrol vessel was donated by the Cyprus Ministry of Defence. She lies in 24 meters of water and is easily covered in one dive. The contrast of her metal body on the white seabed provides excellent contrast for avid photographers. Fish have already started to colonise her, and nudibranch adore hiding in all the nooks and crannies that only a wreck can provide.
She is just a ten minute boat ride away from the Canyon Dive site – why not combine this wreck with a dive site that is notoriously hard to enter, as entry from a boat makes it child’s play!
Dive Site Description
- Length = 30 meters
- Max. Depth: 24meters
- Entry Type: Giant Stride/Backwards Roll
- Experience level: Advanced
- Points of interest: Port Holes/ Hatches
- What can I hope to see? Nudibranchs, turtles, barracuda, and groupers.
Who should do this dive?
- Anyone with the PADI Advanced Open Water Certification or higher
- For students on the PADI Advanced Open Water Course
- Perfect for those with a “Lust for Rust”