The Canyon dive is a challenge, and well worth the effort. As the name suggests, the canyon is exactly that: a narrow chasm with steep cliff walls that leads to the open ocean. This site is a favourite for stingrays who have fallen under the influence of Cyprus, The Island of love….and choose to mate here. A diver who has luck on their side may just be fortunate to “catch them in the act”! A secondary feature of this dive is a ‘second canyon’, with colours that just beg the avid underwater photographer to capture this breath-taking ecosystem.
Dive Site Description
- Max. Depth: 18 Meters
- Entry Type: Giant Stride
- Experience level: Intermediate/Advanced
- Points of interest: 1st & 2nd canyon
- What can I expect to see: Stingray’s mating, trumpet fish, soft shelled crabs, moray eels
Who should do this dive?
- For divers who love a challenge
- A minimum scuba certification of PADI Open Water Diver is required
- Perfect for entry level divers to advance their diver training with the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty.